Inductive/Deductive Reasoning Writing Peeves

Trials and Tribulations

One of my grandmothers told me a long while ago, usually things that annoy you, annoy you because you are the biggest offender. You know the saying, “takes one to know one.” And so here I’ll stand aside my peers. Yep, I’ve committed this infraction, and by everything that is perpendicular and punctilious I will toil never to do it again… not given the way I feel about these two aimless expressions in book blurbs… trials and tribulations.

Those two words or any words stroking near it, should never be used in blurbs. Every book ever written contains trials and tribulations, also expressed as conflict. Now how about this? ‘My book is about (a lot of) conflict.’ Sound convincing? Anyone convinced?

Everybody’s Nobodies

Have you ever heard of these people? If you haven’t, then let me tell you who they are. 

These are people who you’ll never see, or even know, because for all anyone knows they are nobodies who everyone knows everyone thinks nobody will understand the context of this text.

Most times we breeze by them so perfunctorily we hardly recognize everybody and nobody, who out of all oddities, supports the entire text alone. Of course, removing everybody or nobody from the text, and maybe replacing it with YOU or I, then… ugh… well, just let me put it this way. If you can’t meet them and never see them, you can’t believe them ‘cause I or YOU alone won’t cut it.

Spilling Mistakes

And yes, that’s spilled not quite right, which on this one I often have to sit back and laugh. No, I don’t tout to be peeved by blunders. I’m only peeved by blunders, peeved about blunders. ← Wink. Wink. A lil philosophy 20r2.

Comments

Popular Posts