This is something I sometimes think about. How long should I spend on writing blog posts? So, as if I even need to type this out, to answer the question this post is going to go faster than any post I’ve ever written before. And it’s going to go fast for two reasons. 1) I’m challenging myself to pull together thoughts in (written format) quicker. And 2) Tonight I’m really pressed for time.
Trying to balance the way I spend my time blogging and socializing, and reading and writing, I started realizing I was spending a little more time than I want blogging. In one way I want the experience (on my end) to be relaxing and easy-going, and not swell myself up trying for perfection. But then at the same time, realizing the business aspect, content and the entertainment factor is very important…that being alongside not giving away too much. No, there’s nothing here truly world saving, and I’m not CNN. It’s just that when I got to scrolling through all the posts I’ve written, but never published, I started picturing me looking up at the calendar on my PC and noticing that 2011 had turned into something like 3034!!!
10. When I actually do look up at the calendar on my PC and it IS 3034!
9. Or how about when it dawns on me I’ve been sitting in front of my PC and haven’t slept all week!?!
8. Or maybe when the little wizard guy pops up on the screen as I’m typing and overrides my sentence with… “that’s enough damn it!”
7. Or how about this one? I open a thank you card thanking me for the lovely wedding gift, and I start wondering when I attended this wedding, much less gave a gift!
6. And then I look at the lovely picture and wonder who is the woman in the picture and why is the groom my husband!!!
5. Should I even ask, “when was the divorce!?!” Did I get that invite too?
4. When whoops…check my blog and see the announcement posted there! Both the divorce and the announcement!!
3. It was one of my top ten popular posts…for the entire year!
2. …but I never remembered writing the post…swearing to blogger I never posted it!
…Yet the number ONE real way to know it’s time to reign it in…
My husband gives me the ultimatum, “…or ELSE!”