On the 12th Day of Christmas...



On the 12th day of Christmas 
my readers said to me,
do a drumroll...
for the hands down 
best of the best books 
THIS YEAR 
that had me hooked.

Out of 50 books read this year… books that made me laugh…lifted my spirits… made me think… had me crying… encouraged me… titles that charmed me… cover art that beguiled me… Here Are the Top 10 Books (in no particular order, other than alphabetical) that wholly won me over in each category. (*denotes book was published 2014)

Amazon Vine selection: * A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley | Memoir
A heartwarming and poignant story of 5 year-old Saroo who gets lost in India and ends up living on the streets for months before being orphaned and eventually adopted by an Australian family.

Amazon Vine selection: * Big Little Man by Alex Tizon | Memoir
Witty and keen observations, and humorous on top of it, this is a moving journal of Alex’s look at the way Asian men are marginalized through stereotyping.

Review Request: Doing Germany by Agnieszka Paletta | Memoir
A delectable account of falling in love with not only Germany, but her husband and life as well. Some of the best writing I’ve read to date. Wit and charm galore!

She Writes Social Network: * Gift of a Lifetime by Sue Batton Leonard | Memoir
Highly engaging writing, and affecting story centered on a spirited black maid who works for a generous white family.

Internet Search: Here Comes Trouble by Michael Moore | Memoir
A tremendous moving portrait of controversies contiguous to Michael Moore’s becoming one of the most well-known documentary mavens.

Internet Search: I Didn’t Ask to Be Born by Bill Cosby | Memoir
A collection of warm, extraordinarily humorous short stories Cosby plucks from parts of his life.

(Unsure): Just Waiting for the Bell by David Wehmeyer | Memoir
I’m not sure how I came across this book. It’s possible it could have been recommended, or just as possible I discovered it through an Internet search. However I came across it, this is a touching laugh out loud riotous collection of the many incidents that can happen on an elementary school principal’s watch.

Book Blogger: Not the Mother I Remember by Amber Lea Starfire | Memoir
One of the most moving and satisfying interweaving of mother/daughter perspectives ever read.

Amazon Vine selection: * Positive by Paige Rawl | Memoir
A genuinely touching, informative, enlightening and educational account on bullying, all in one.

Book Fair: * The Big Belch by Kay Wood | Graphic Novel
A memorable and realistic, but fun, parody on corporate corruption made up of sensational graphics and riotous dialogue. Very entertaining.

Thank You Authors!
Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts