My Greatest Writing Challenge...

Looking for a quick writing challenge to blog I stumbled upon this article on WritersinCharge listing a number of challenges writers may encounter over a career. As I read down the list (see list), looking for items I identified with, I started thinking deeply about my greatest challenges.

Going back a piece, before I started writing and publishing novels I settled on many things... such as lifestyle, isolation, and low writer pay. Those I could scratch off the list right away. They were a given. Something like going to work in a field of onions from midnight to 3am counting stars in the sky. Honestly, I'd never expect chatty friends and glamour to come out of such a vocation.

Writers block, lack of ideas, productivity, and confidence I as well never considered, and still don’t. Yeah, I generally don’t consider attempting tasks not reasonably doable, which ideas, productivity and the likes simply comes with the writing territory.

But what about some of the other items listed?

Fear of selling? Lack of getting real clients? Perfectionism? Inability to get traction? And exactly what is an overbearing client? Would this be critical reviewers who 'purchased' the book? Scratching my head here.

Perfectionism is my greatest writing challenge. I focus on getting ‘it’ right to knock ‘it’ the heck out of a ballpark. All other expectations fall in second to last place, since hitting balls out of the park *the way I like to see done* works much like batters hitting home runs. All else follows, none more laudable than the satisfaction of having written the *exact* book I wanted to write.

Reading between the lines...More inspiration for writers facing challenges.

Comments

Popular Posts