Confession: Why I Don’t Mind My Books Getting a Pinch of Love.
The top 10 reasons I am comfortable with my books getting the love it currently gets… that being few public reviews, yet a humbling amount of private compliments…
1. Inspiring reading (for all ages) is my top priority.
2. Reading is motivated when readers trust reader recommendations.
3. Reader trust is built by readers who have completely read and comprehended the book they are recommending.
4. Patronizing authors by writing fluffed up reviews for books neither read or enjoyed damages the credibility of the author, personally and professionally.
5. Nothing spells desperation like an author begging for fluffed up reviews.
6. Nothing looks more pitiable to outsiders looking on, than a desperate author begging for fluffed up reviews.
7. There is little to no financial gain in expending energy chasing after fluffed up reviews. It is a waste of time and resources better spent building reader trust.
8. Like the best relationships, deep unconditional love builds over time. Fluffed up love like puppy love lasts in the span of a one-night stand.
9. On a personal note; I am a perfectionist. I seek genuine praise ONLY for perfect, flawless work.
10. Truly great writing, or work will over time speak for itself. I do believe “the cream always rises to the top.”
"Celebrating reading books cover-to-cover."