Making A Big Deal Out of a Big Deal
A few years ago for Christmas the book was given to me as a 'sort of' gag gift. Yeah, since I am that person who ALWAYS buys books for gifts, I was due a little ‘just’ reciprocation. So, while everyone opened these nice Christmas presents... laptops, ipads and whatnot, I got to unwrap a brand new beautiful hardback Harry Potter book. And just to catch my reaction, not knowing this was the reason for the videoing, a good laugh was had by memorializing the event.
At any rate, I finally read Harry Potter (my thoughts here) and really enjoyed it! For me this turned out to be a big deal because there were a few things I realized while reading...
1. I identified with Harry Potter; having a lot of questions (in the beginning) too.
2. Sooner, rather than later it came to me, I needed to stop thinking (so deeply) and enjoy the story for what it was.
3. So I stopped thinking and started imagining.
4. Taking note of how this had to be the first and only young adult fantasy novel I’ve ever read in my entire life.
5. When it occurred to me how completely I had chilled ‘the freak’ out!