21 REASONS WHY.

Oh My Gosh! I happened to check my blog and realized I almost missed a whole month of blogging! The plan was to share a few pieces of my poetry, but guess I lunched out on that one too. It's amazing how one thing leads to the next and then this. Obviously I must be waaaaaaay in over my head to let a whole month of blogging pass by like this. I MISS BLOGGING.

All that and I still had to scramble around to find this; a MAR 2019 Repost (on SheWrites)

21 Reasons Why

Honestly, I grabbed that number off the back of my left shoulder because I thought I had 101 reasons right off the top of my head for why I write.

1.    I simply love telling stories
2.    It’s invigorating
3.    It’s fun
4.    It’s enjoyable
5.    It’s interesting
6.    It’s like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle, and I love puzzles
7.    Driven to go places where few venture
8.    Seeing things others don’t see
9.    Inborn instinct cultivated at an early age
10.    I LOVE WORDS
11.    I especially love playing with words
12.    ...and absolutely HEED one of Toni Morrison’s popular quotes; "If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it."
13.    ...given another thing I really LOVE, is READING
But, there are other things, on the flip side, that draw me to write;
14.    Like Frustration. No, I try NOT to work on books when frustrated, but have jotted down some doozy of thoughts in journals
15.    Pain is another one. This is my way to slacken the hurt
16.    Annoyance is yet another emotion on the flip side, that stokes my fire
17.    Journaling is what hones my skill, and is good exercise and practice to boot
18.    Writing keeps me productive, and humble, since I’m always learning as I write
19.    which, after all this, WHY WOULD I NOT WANT to see my words in print
20.    ...behind a cover with MY name on it
21.    Not once, as in NEVER, have I envisioned doing anything else.

#FridayFilter #AmRevising #AmEditing #JustBlogged #DontEverGiveUp

Comments

Popular Posts