The Best Books on Motherhood

Look, there is no one absolute way to be a mother. And, unfortunately for many, there is no be all-end all list that will give a mother all the answers to every question about being the best mother. Perhaps, that's why there is no such thing as the perfect mother. Sooner, or later, we mothers come to realize we had to come up with our own style, our own way.

All that expressed, it is, however, my belief that the essential element ALL CHILDREN require, is to know that they are loved.

Below is a list of my favorite books on Motherhood.

All-time Favorites! (Specifically Devoted to Motherhood

Listen to the Squawking Chicken by Elaine Lui
When We Were Colored: A Mother's Story by Eva Rutland
At Wit's End by Erma Bombeck
Not the Mother I Remember by Amber Lea Starfire
The Highest Peak by Kathy Lee Pair
I Shall Not Want by Terri Lyons
You Have No Idea by Vanessa Williams and Helen Williams
Gifted Hands by Ben Carson
Positive by Paige Rawl
The Life and Laughs of an at Home Mom by Chris Liefer
You Ain't Got No Easter Clothes by Laura Love
Daughters of the River Huong by Nicole Uyen Duong
Hope's Boy by Andrew Bridges
Sacred Bond: Black Men and Their Mothers by Keith Michael Brown

Other favorites: (Strong Mothers I respected or found relatable)

And Still I Rise by Doreen Lawrence
My Life, My Love, My Legacy by Coretta Scott King
Love in the Driest Season by Neely Tucker
I Can't Make This Up by Kevin Hart
The Color of Water by James McBride
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Around the Way Girl by Taraji P. Henson
A Sick Life by Tionne 'T-Boz' Watkins

Novels with Strong Motherhood Themes

The Secret Sense of Wildflower by Susan Gabriel
The Upper Room by Mary Monroe
Tempest Rising by Diane McKinney-Whetstone

Comments

Popular Posts