How Do You Make Reading Selections?

I'm sitting here in my personal library, looking at a collection books I've purchased over last dozen or so years, thinking... there is no concrete rhyme to my reasoning for how I decide which books to buy.

If I catch a sale, say at a library where they're practically giving books away for $1 a bag, I'll grab every title that appeals to me. Other times I'll splurge full price on a book, say at book-signings...or on rare occasions when I'm in a store and happen by one of those can't pass up stories. I've as well bought books from the $1 Store. I've received a few as gifts. And I'm always on social media and email accepting personal and professional recommendations, along with review requests.

In all cases I'm hoping to read a damn good story. I want to be turning pages, and not out of necessity, but pleasure. For this reason, I kind of like it when my expectations of a book are not the greatest. It makes it all the better when that book rocks my world! Or perhaps, like that one book I happened to open and couldn't put down. The first line started something like... "if you're anything like me..."

Oh, man! Now how many people do you know like me? H😆H😆. Or, okay, like you? H🤣H🤣H🤣.

Coming across somebody putting themselves out there like that raises my antennas. It tells me, either I've stumbled on a rare find, or somebody's done lost their mind. KIDDING, though I do LOVE UNIQUE. DIFFERENT.

So, how do you make reading selections, and what keeps you reading... a book?

BTW, I'm taking a quick break to slip in a little MUCH NEEDED reading. Trying to make sure I have a top 10 list this year!🤓

#Justbought4memoirs ILoveReadingBooks #ReadingBooksIsFun #TakingABreak #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts