Made My List, Not Checkin’ It Twice


I’m stepping out on my comfort zone, the ‘niche’ reading, to read me some fiction in 2011. This will be my challenge, and I’ve made my list early. I’m thinking about easing into the Eroticas and/or Humor (Chick-lits) first, and working my way over…perhaps to something like paranormal YA.

Here’s what I have so far...
Diary of a Beverly Hills Matchmaker by Marla Martenson. And I know, this one is a little too close to a memoir. In fact, it is a memoir. But I did say I was edging out there. You know, putting a toe in the water at a time.

My Desperate Love Diary by Liz Rettig. Now, even though this is another diary-like book and it is YA, it also is a novel. Some days I need these types of light reads.

I’m going with Zetta Brown’s Messalina: Devourer of Men, too. I can’t go wrong with a work that’s been described as intelligent, original!!!, and a romping good read!

Sheila Peele Miller’s Painted Picture is on my to-read list as well. I said I wanted to read it, and so now I’m gonna read it.

And just maybe I might pick up Anjuelle Floyd’s The House. This is an author who knows marriage and motherhood. I want to read all the authors I can find who have experience in this area.

I also have Electa Rome-Parks’ True Confessions on my list. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for this one to come out.

All in all, I really have no idea what to expect. But with my fingers crossed, I’m putting myself up to the challenge. I initially was a little chicken about promising to review them all…but then what the heck, why not take on the challenge?

So there. I’ve said it. It's out there. I’m reviewing them all, and am holding myself to the challenge to post a review for each in the New Year. Can’t promise a raving review, but I can promise to read each from front to back and give it one of my standard critiques.

In continuous support of all authors, do check out Christy Pinheiro’s website. She has spent hundreds of hours compiling a list of NO-FEE reviewers, primarily for Indie authors. The list, let me tell you, is impressive.  

Comments

Popular Posts