I was just laughing with someone today about how you’d think with the way technology was first touted it would be able to do all that, and then some. Turns out that some technologies still can’t supercede human technology, like that voice command some companies use to help save on hiring a real person to answer calls. Once I coughed into the phone while going through the teleprompts, and sneezed another time, (what we happened to be laughing about), and the system disconnected because the cough, sneeze, and ‘excuse me’ weren’t acceptable responses. Not all automation is efficiently replacing what used to work just fine. But then there are other things about technology that, quite frankly, just can’t be beat.
What are the chances I’d have ever been able to connect with book bloggers, often thousands of miles away, and be honored with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thanks Kathy, @Books Kids Like.
Here are the rules for being tagged with the Irresistible reward. 1) Thank and link to the person who nominated you. 2) Share seven random facts about yourself. 3) Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies. 4) Contact those buddies to congratulate them. (Will do this weekend).
Seven ‘more’ Random Things About me.
1. Believe it or not, I am a very private person.
2. I love to dance, though I rarely dance anymore.
3. My first awareness of a U.S. President was Richard M. Nixon.
4. Sports I enjoyed most; swimming, track, table tennis, and tennis.
5. Favorite theme park rides; the merry-go-round and all the water rides!
6. I lost seven pounds! Yae! I am now at my satisfied weight!! Double Yae!
7. ...and Okay, so here’s a real nugget. In the 80’s, after reading (or hearing) somewhere about making a list of ‘big picture’ high priority things I’d most want to achieve, I made a list. I wrote down 10 things, impossible stuff, things that had anyone in that day read the list they would have laughed, “yeah, right!” I even knew I was dreaming. As instructed I sealed the list, put it in a safe-box, and about ten years ago today I finally reread the list. Amazing. Seven of the ten items have been accomplished!
Fifteen Fiercely Amazing, Irresistibly Sweet Bloggers!
Kathy@Books Kids Like
Kimberly@Kimberly Ranee Hicks
DuEwa @Rhymes, Views & News
KW@E&K Family Book Review
Sidne X@Reading Rendezvous Reviewz
Jennifer O@The Complete Booker
Charolette@Life with Charolette!
Jen@the Literary Exhibitionism
Lesa@Baja Greenwalt’s Cozy Book Nook
Lynda@Between the Lines and More
Rhonda@Urban Christian Fiction Today
Liz Strauss@Successful Blog
Eliza@Silver and Grace