thank the authors for their interviews
reward good news
hug them bloggers writing the blues
don’t forget your commenters leaving you clues
and tell a story without blowing a fuse
flash a few cover reveals
share them page-turners that pulled you through
praise the best titles you couldn’t refuse
halo the covers that made you look
spotlight the authors you would reread
and do a drumroll...
for the hands down the best of the best books
THIS YEAR that had you hooked.
Starting today I’m gifting a Top Ten List of the best times to read a book.
10. While traveling is an obvious great time to read a book. Likely to be found on every reader’s top ten list I always travel with books.
9. Cozying up with a book during inclement weather, particularly when it is raining or snowing, is another given likely found on most reader lists.
8. When out and about looking for cost effective entertainment, consider reading a book. It's something like going to a theme park. I'm a water ride/merry-go-round adventurist. In other words, you have to know what personally interests you; or, and this typically works for most, finding a true page-turner; you know, a story that starts on page one getting straight to the point, and continues at this pace straight through to the end, almost always fits the entertainment bill.
7. Reading a book at lunchtime or during breaks is a great way to pass time.
6. When bored I also find it better to read a book than to dog-ear the time doing something like... say... inserting myself in someone else’s business or stirring up trouble. In the long run it is far less headache.
5. When dispirited pull out a book. Slipping into someone else’s situation with permission to escape your own situation can be a spirit enhancer, or chaser, at least for the length of time spent inside the story.
4. And books work wonders for shutting out outside noises when quiet is preferred.
3. When under the weather, not feeling well, sick... pull out a book. My suggestion is light humor or spiritual page-turners. Most of the books on my top 10 lists proved to be quite therapeutic.
2. Now this one might raise a few brows, but in addition to all the other times I find to read, I also read to exercise. What I’ve found great about this type exercise is it burns the same amount of calories as hitting a treadmill.
…And a drum roll for the best time to pull out a book...
1. Reading daily is the best way to preserve prosperity. It enhances thinking. I suggest reading 10 books a year... at least.
Thank You! & Happy Holidays Readers!