With Age Should Come Wisdom

Dear America,

The reason I passionately recommend books that have touched me deeply, is because I believe this country, and this world for that matter, needs to embrace understanding. And for the sake of anyone who disagrees with that statement, let me provide you with a piece of my own wisdom, I Understand.

I understand there are those who “just want to fight,” and those who “don’t read,” and those who ‘skim read’ and have ‘attention deficits’ and ‘listening challenges’ and thus take ‘content out of context.’ I, myself, must sometimes slow my roll when it comes to listening. I haven’t ‘mastered’ the art of ‘hearing’ complete thoughts to my satisfaction, just yet, either.

And still, and even so, the best help I can offer to spread a little wisdom, is recommending books I have read and found thoroughly satisfying.

Reading is a quiet activity. It is relaxing. It calms breathing, exercises the brain, provides knowledge, and promotes understanding... that is of course, when you find the right book.

So America, as we celebrate another birthday of Independence, I hope we do so by picking up a book... perhaps after the barbecuing and whatnot. Browse my favorites’ list if you don’t know where to start looking, and by all means, I am always open to learn your favorite recommendations.

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Comments

Popular Posts