Common Types of Book Reviewers

I’ve studied the history of publishing...from the Middle ages til today. Thoroughly understand audience. At the Head of the Class... wink.wink... on branding. Been writing most of my life and reading all of my life. I’ve also been engaged in the ONLINE SOCIAL side of reading, writing, blogging, book reviewing and publishing arena since 2009. Long enough to have experienced lots, and seen and heard the rest. To say literature is my one thing, is a given, even if I haven’t read everything... umm...another given.

At any rate this post was inspired by authors discussing their worst book reviews. Not to come off any particular way, but any reader who takes the time to read my work, I respect.

On the other hand, having read enough book reviews keeps my emotions in check. There are just so many types of book reviews.

Common Top 10

SHY one-liners. “I loved the book.”

BRAVE two-liners. “Great Book. Everyone should read the book.”

MARATHON reviews. “I laughed, I cried, I sighed, and read every time I get depressed, again and again, over and over again and again. This is a great book, it’s for everyone.”

RANTING reviews. “I read to the middle of page 2 skipped to page 52 have too much to do to read to page 352 when the book just goes on and on about nothing that could have been shortened a few hundred pages like wish there was an option to choose zero stars it was like watching thick paint dry thank goodness I only lost a few bucks and a day of my life I’ll never get back no one should waste their time or money the only reason I left a review to warn you.”

ENDORSED reviews. “This is a great author telling a greater story so full of passion, purpose and principle.” – reviewed by a VIP.

DISCLAIMER reviews. “WARNING. This review contains spoilers.”

ANONYMOUS reviews. “Best book ever...” “Okay book...” or “Worst book ever.”

HONEST reviews. “This is an honest review.”

My personal favorites are DETAILED PROFESSIONAL reviews that leave no spoilers, OR the type reviews I like writing. PASSIONATE reviews written with a personal touch that leave no doubt, the book really engaged me!!!

Just read Kevin Hart’s 'I Can’t Make This Up' (My Review).

Comments

  1. Lol, this is so true--I've seen all of these reviewers in various places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts