Been There, Done That, Seen It

I'm in a nostalgic mood, thinking back on what it was like when I first started blogging. Book blogging, in particular, was a fairly new trend in 09’/2010. I signed up with dozens of bookish Forums, and followed hundreds of book blogs and websites. Although I had no way of measuring this, but tons of advice had to be trolling around, much of the info volunteered by recreational literary connoisseurs purporting to know everything from building, maintaining and keeping an audience, to selling millions of books. Online memes, and hops, and chat boards were HOT! If you weren’t commenting and participating and loaded up with friends and followers and likes, you might as well turn off your PC and go find a regular job.

It was an amazing, amusing time, and now today, a little bit of a moving time. I can count on one hand those who have been there, done that and seen it, and are still doing it and seeing it.

In other words, my emotions are mixed. While reflecting on the 'good ole days', I'm similarly as inspired by the handful of online book gurus still engaging readers... and writers!

BTW, speaking of inspiration...and running laps around blocks, I just finished reading The Mother of Black Hollywood by Jenifer Lewis. (My thoughts).

#StayWithIt #DontGiveUp #LoveWhatYouDo #JustBlogged #ReadAnotherGreatMemoir

Comments

Popular Posts