Whoville's Message

Well, well, well…guess who’s reading and who ain’t? Here we are, in the 10-day countdown to Christmas, with New Year’s right around a corner, and yet I have only read 10 books this year! I wanted to blame the Grinch, hence the caption, when I remembered Whoville’s message.

As a child I used to think how could, or rather why would a creature be so very, very hellbent on stealing joy? And how did those people of Whoville wake up singing and caroling and carrying on, with them big ‘ole doe eyes and lavish smiles on their faces?

Well wait… Even as a child I understood the premise of embracing joy in absence of material things. I JUST didn’t buy it. And so now, fast forward to today, and I done finally got it. So, forget the fact that for a second year in a row my husband, who initially had no love for reading but a very competitive spirit, has read 57 books to the 10 I have thus far read. I really should have headlined this post, ‘How the Grinch Stole My Heart…and Now We BOTH Are Smiling, Caroling and Singing On and On About It.’

#filledwthjoy #themeaningofchristmas #reading4fun #readingisfun #justblogged #writinglife

Comments

Popular Posts