I'm a Sucker for a Good HEA...

I come across it all the time. Readers picking their favorite book. That one book that touched them more than any others they’ve read.

My first thought was, man! Either I’m the biggest mush, or those readers could not have possibly read as many books as I have.

As it is, the overwhelmingly majority of books I review, I rate FIVE STARS. The thought process behind my rating is, if I read a book from the first page, to the last page, then that book on GP, general principle, is a five-star book.

I’m not one of those readers who struggle through reading books. I love to read, which is the whole point… finding books to read that I thoroughly enjoy. Anything other, I leave alone…where I kind of stand with the whole Valentine thing.

Friendships, too, can be a truly beautiful thing. Like books, they are out there, and out there in abundance… believe it or not. Some I come across by mere chance, and then there are those I read right, straight from the cover. Some are open books, and then there are others where I have to really keep my eyes, or how about mind, open. Of all these friendships however, just like books, there is one constant. All have touched me in a way I will forever respect and cherish, and not one is more valuable that another.

Now, while I can’t pick one book or friendship as the be all for me, we HOWEVER are talking a whole ‘nother ballgame if I’m asked which books…or friendships… were the most romantic. As for romantic friendships, well…I’m married, and have been for almost 30-years, so that answers that. As for the most romantic books I’ve read to date, in that.. let’s say… HEA fashion, as in Happily Ever After, two come RIGHT to mind!

MEMOIR: The Last Blind Date by Linda Yellin… & NOVEL: The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber.

Now there! I did it. Happy Valentine.

Comments

Popular Posts