BEST BOOKS READ THIS YEAR!

If ever there was a year to be reading, 2020 was that year!

I am a little disappointed I didn’t get to read as much as I would have liked, but not complaining since this year has not been without other accomplishments.

Well wait… let me rephrase that, since I don’t consider reading a lot of books an accomplishment. Reading (the right book) for me is what good nourishment, daily exercise, meditation and relaxation is for others. In other words, I read to feel good; mind, body and spirit.

So, THANK YOU AUTHORS who allowed me this reprieve, by writing your books!

This is Just My Face by Gabourey Sidbe was the best memoir I read this year. (My thoughts here).

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali I procrastinated about reading, but when I opened that book, I couldn’t put it down. (My thoughts here).

All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung was another memoir hard to put down. (My thoughts here). 

I tipped around reading Permanent Record by Edward Snowden as well, but was not disappointed on this memoir either. (My thoughts here).

And…

To Tell the Truth Freely by Mia Bay was a solid piece of journalism about a woman I will forever remember and respect. (My thoughts here).

In regards to being a prolific reader… and writer… I have been ask how do I separate these two entities, which would seem to create a conflict of interest. Be assured, there is no conflict on my end, since I’ve never read the same story twice... the beauty and joy of primarily reading memoirs and nonfiction. Yes ma'am, and yes sir. There is only one you! The most that happens when coming across stories written with passion from the heart, that touch me deeply, is it motivates me with a can do, must do attitude to let my little light shine doing me too.😉

I hope everyone dropping by has found time to read this year. Perhaps, if you haven’t heard of these books, and are looking for great inspiration, you may want to give one of my favorites a try. 

Happy New Year!

#Top5List #BestBooks #BooksReadin2020 #HolidayGreeting #JustBlogged


Comments

Popular Posts