Top 10 Distractions

First of all, by the title of this post alone, we ALL know this piece is only for entertainment purposes. In other words, spoiler up front; nothing world renown will follow this sentence. At any rate, and getting right on with it, many people have a proclivity for wanting to be helpful, but let me be first to say; I am a fan, but find unsolicited help important, BUT DISTRACTING… along with 99…or in this case 9 other things that personally hogs my attention. 

Sleep, Eating, and seeing a Dust Ball are three of the most annoying tyrants that stops my flow. Let’s face it. We all must sleep and eat and clean. But I find it particularly distracting when I’m…let’s say…writing… and find myself having to eat, trying to stay awake, and or see a dust ball. Now, the first two are givens, but few things are more (okay, she’s lost it) distracting than chasing dust balls around the house. 

And I’m just going to go on and put this one out there. Delicious Miss Brown, Beat Bobby Flay, Shark Tank, Judge Faith, Judge Judy… you are ALL my favorite distractions!

And two words. Social Media. Enuf’ said.

Emails; also distracting. Usually I’m the queen of CTRL + hold and scroll, copy & delete; except occasionally, as what happened today, an email will distract me. Next thing I know, I’m writing posts LIKE THIS ONE. [Today it was; ‘Why Black History Month Matters’]. Lovely email.

Phone calls are equally distracting. Especially if I answer the call. And that’s regardless how long I spend laughing and gib-gabbing about nothing. Actually, that’s the whole point! 😆

And this one should come as no surprise to anyone following this blog. Books! No annotation needed. The ultimate distraction. The other day one of the social medias sent an email blast about ‘I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter’ by Erika L. Sánchez. Now I got to go look into this title because I think I want to read that book!

And yet, the top be-All distraction has to be the book that I read, that stays with me.

#BHM #BlackPassion #Distractions #Entertainment #StillWriting #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts