10 Things I LOVE/D About My Dad.

Alrighty, and here we go…

His Stubbornness. Okay, so I didn’t like it then, but today I respect the way he stuck to principles. I laugh thinking about people asking, and or remarking on why he wouldn’t ‘find other work’ during times when he was laid off. Listen. My father was an artist, and be damned if he was ever picking up a broom!

His Wisdom. My father, 100%, was my greatest mentor. Some of the greatest principles I still stand by today, I learned from him.

He was the Medicine Man. He taught me how to listen to my body.

His Breakfasts. Oh man, he made the best! Everything fresh from the Farmer's Market.

His Debates. I used to love debating him. Taught me HOW to Think.

His Protectiveness. Now today I sometimes question if all the fighting my dad was first to volunteer and sign up for had me mistakenly seeing him as a fierce protector. My father. No Joke. Watched our house like a lion. Except too, his siblings say the same thing.

But he wasn’t all scrappy. He was a Fabulous Dresser! He used to dress sharp as he wanted to be.

And I love, Loved, LOVED his Stories! Today I call him (though I know it was his grandfather, my great great-grandfather) the OS 'Original Storyteller'.

His Sense of Humor is innate. My father IS hilarious. Oh man! He entertained a lot of people, me namely, though my mother last, with his humor. 

But the best thing about my father is He Made Me. (...and I know, I know. Mama's baby, papa's maybe. Well anyone who knows the two of us, know without a doubt this is my daddy!)

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY 

to All the Great Daddies!

By the way, just read Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey …and Griftopia by Matt Taibbi. (thoughts HERE and HERE).

#HappyFathersDay #GreatDads #JustBlogged


Comments

Popular Posts