Age is Just a Number

We hear it… a lot… ‘age being just a number’ …particularly when we hit 30 and find ourselves at the top of a hill. But I’m not referring to that number, which far as I’m concerned is more than just a number. In this instance I’m spotlighting books.

Short and sweet and getting right on with it, I was once caught off guard hearing someone making reference to the age of a book as if literature is like bo-bo sneakers, or platform shoes, or any other commodity or dialogue that goes out of style. I’m not sure how many have forgotten, but Shakespeare’s work is still in circulation and ranking on quite a few best seller lists.

All that noted, I just finished reading Beg, Borrow, Steal by Michael Greenberg. Interestingly enough I was going through one of my moody spells, desperate to find a book that was going to snap me back when I came across this book. I don’t know how I missed it, but was so grateful to come across it when I did. It is a splintered literary cast of a writer’s life that not only hoisted my mood, but put so much in perspective. For anyone trying to fake it ‘til you make it; I suggest reading it. (Other thoughts HERE). 

#StillWriting #MoodReading #Grateful #ILoveMemoirs #AdoreStorytelling #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts