My Favorite Hobby

Oh my goodness, I have many hobbies, though not as many as there are to choose from. Right now I'm thinking about extreme sports, which I love to read about, but not as curious to explore. With the exception of water sports, I prefer solo, more indoorsy type activities. Cooking, sewing, doll-making, designing and typically creating something out of nothing are some favorites. 

I guess I kind of like working with my hands...and mind. For instance, one time it was raining out, which led me to my closet trying to figure what I could wear as a raincoat. That's when the plastic coverings dry cleaners use to protect garments caught my eye. In that glance I saw the cutest raincoat that didn't take much more than bunching a bunch of them together and running them beneath a presser foot to fashion.

Now, many times my creations are a miss, and a big giggle when someone tilts their head trying to figure out what I'm wearing. It's like they recognize the top or blouse, because they indeed bought me something like it for (let's say) a birthday gift, but then end up shaking their head. No, it can't be.

At any rate, surely if I devote the time I put into my writing into one of these hobbies, I might not have as many misses. And still, what makes these hobbies an enjoyable way to pass time is not feeling any pressure to create a hit!    

Drawing however, (be it on computer or by hand), is my absolute favorite! (Note: I used musical symbols to create the caption).

BTW, I just read Mirror, Mirror by Trista Jordan (thoughts here).

#ILoveArt #Storytelling #Entertainment #Hobbies #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts