The Truisms Are In The Backstories

Have you ever judged someone (good or bad) and had a change of heart AFTER learning their backstory?

I have. And I'm not referring to the disappointment (or relief) of someone's attitude changing (for better or worse) over the course of time. You know...a friendship dissolving over a conflict, or improving after going through a foxhole type of relationship. That's different. I'm talking about all of these insightful documentaries I’ve been catching on TV, along with tremendous memoirs and autobiographies I’ve recently read.  This has been one of the most insightful Black History Months I've experienced in decades. I.Am.Stoked. Thoroughly caught up in the rapture of the storytelling movement.

#ILovePersonalNarratives #EducationIsKey #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts