10 Things I Love About My Mom

For starters, seeing eye-to-eye wasn't in the cards for my mom and me. We rarely bumped heads in that mother-daughter combative way however, which makes our relationship an atypical one… bringing me straight to the first thing I love about her... counting down from ten.

10.  I loved the fact that my mother was the more lenient parent. So yeah, there was no having to be home when the streetlights came on, or biting my nails down to the quick waiting on her to find the fattest leather belt to straighten me out for something neither of us would remember today.

9. But this didn't mean she bit her tongue. A favorite (of her many blatant quips) was her (frequently) telling me to "keep it simple, stupid." Yes, she came with some wisdom that just can't be discounted.

8. Which speaking of her ability to keep it real, she was big on obeying the law. "If it was illegal and against the law, she did not want it in her home!" End of story.

7. And HER LAUGH! Oh.My.Goodness. It is infectious. The scream she does when she finds something really, really funny has caused many to jump out of their seats, and some out of their skin. My sister and I inherited that scream honestly. 

6. Today I cry laughing when I see a plane in the sky. It reminds me of her claiming to bawl like a newborn baby every time she sees a plane and doesn’t have an airline ticket. No matter where this bird is going, she wants to be on it. Too funny. 

5. Speaking of planes and wanting to be constantly flying the friendly skies, there are few countries she has yet to visit. Love her ready to go spirit. …And oh, them Caddies too!

4. Even funnier is watching her balance a budget. Goodness! The Treasury Department might’ve liked her (deficit gone, perfect inflation and country at full employment), but good luck to anyone interested in the ozone. Leave it up to her and the sky would look like LaGuardia on a Daytona Speedway and everybody partying like it's...umm…well, like it's 2999!

3. My mother was a gifted dancer too, almost a professional one... something I loved to do as well, even if she claims I have no rhythm. That's another great piece of humor, though I guess it's something better seen to appreciate.

2. But what I especially love about my mother, is how she LOVES HER GANBABIES. She IS the best grandmother ever!

Now, here’s the kicker, the NUMBER ONE thing I love MOST about my mom.  I SO LOVE HOW SHE SWEARS SHE KNOWS ME!!!  This Is Wisdom I’ll never match!

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!  

Happy Mother's Day

#PersonalTestimony #Inspiration #Motherhood #MothersDay #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts