The Center of Our Circle

Hardly a big secret, I crush hard for family. It's 90% of what I write about. 50% of what I talk about. But probably less than 2% of my total number of 'actual' crushes.

There is just so much in the world to admire, to compliment, and take on as a passion to explore. Reminds me of when I used to thumb through college catalogs. The course descriptions sounded so enticing that very few (if any) turned me off. I liked learning about aeronautics. Studying the behavior of animals piqued my interest too. For a minute, and a very brief minute however, I thought I just might conquer the ability to name every bone, muscle and membrane of the human anatomy. Hardly anything intimidated me, how I came across an irony about having so many crushes. Despite the absurdity of seriously attempting to master hundreds of disciplines in one lifetime, still didn't persuade me from attempting to read hundreds of stories about masters from all disciplines. And while not the rapture of thrillers but a eureka awakening all the same, lo and behold if the crux of every story didn’t turn out to be underscored by the interminable symmetry of family - my main crush wouldn’t it be? Talk about coming full circle. 

Just finished reading Diary of a Lost Girl by Kola Boof and Black White and Gray All Over by Frederick Douglass Reynolds (thoughts here & here). Neither story specifically advocates family, though both personal narratives reveal how essential family is to developing young people.

#Family #Passion #Writing #Reading #PersonalTestimonies #Inspiration #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts