"WHO CARES."

Not exactly sure WHY this came to me when it did, but I was watching BBQ Brawl while trying to finish writing the post for this blog. To note; this post is not what I intended to write. Three paragraphs deep into confessing constructive observations about books written by authors I generally admire, the phrase "who cares" crept into view. BTW (By-the-Way)… I purposely did not punctuate “Who Cares” in the caption because it is not a question. 

Now, it may seem as if the phrase involved some deep subconscious thinking. It did not. As it happened to be, the theme of the BBQ Brawl (cooking competition) rallied around social media influencing. Personally, from what I could see, Bobby Flay's and Tina's dish looked most visually appealing. Unfortunately their dish only managed to influence me… and the handful percentage of viewers who voted. This was what led to my thinking about influence, influencers, and the relevance of influencing…in a cooking competition. Maybe I was being a bit persnickety, bothering with thoughts surely on the low end of truly problematic quandaries. So, I sighed and shrugged a thought that tickles me every time I hear it. Like who in the heck ever mentions something they don't care about? I mean, whenEVER has there been a long excruciating dialogue about the possibility of a shoelace, or bobby pin, or a hair brush somewhere on the surface Neptune? I’ll answer that! NEVER! Never, ever has this topic come up. As a matter of fact, I can’t recall anytime in my lifetime when Neptune has come up… well... except maybe for now.

At any rate, I care about the fact that Bobby Flay and Tina were booted out of the brawl. I care about social media influences and influencers, like I cared about that other post, and this one as well. But above all, what I really, really care about is how I finally read 'Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim' by David Sedaris. That book was among hundreds on my DNF (Did Not Finish) bookshelf. For years I shunned reading that book, and now I kind of know why. That's what I wanted to elaborate on, but other influences distracted me. All that expressed, I’m overjoyed I picked up Sedaris’ book when I did. There’s little that compares to reading the right book, in the right mood. (Other thoughts on the book here).

And Oh! Congratulations Pitmaster Rashad Jones… on your (Master of Cue) BBQ Brawl WIN!!!

#ICARE #Influence #HumpDay #JustReadaGreatMemoir #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts