Having A Purpose versus other purposes

There is nothing (right) or wrong, better or worse with setting goals such as helping others (be it humans, animals, the ozone and likes), or fighting for your rights (as in demanding a promotion, or striving to be seen or respected and other save-the-world type crusades). One of my purposes is to inspire others to read more. I believe a more literate society will lend to a more knowledgeable society, thus a more compassionate society. 

And yet, 'having a purpose' is very specific. Wanting to participate in the Olympics...and win a Gold is specific…like wanting to play for the NBA...and winning a championship, or wanting to run a marathon... and breaking the tape. Wanting to get married... and raising a family is specific too. Or, as in my case, wanting to write ONE book I truly love... and seeing that book (so-to-speak) walking on the moon is specific as well. 

It’s not to say that graduating, or finding a job, or paying bills or even making money, and lots of it, is a benign or unimportant purpose. What I’m talking about is starting at zero and making a dream commensurate to building ‘you name the highest tower’ with your bare hands (no tools) come true.  

Honestly, sometimes I think the reason writing that ONE book is so far out range for me, is because I don't want to wake up from the dream. I want to always have a purpose.

At any rate, I just finished reading 'Uphill' by Jemele Hill. (My thoughts here).

#ILoveReading #ReadAnotherGreatMemoir #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts