Walking a Mile in Another POV

For the looongest, dating back to when I first started school, I was asked, "why are you so angry?"

And for the longest I found it impossible to explain. Actually, I kind of still do… because some feelings are impossible to explain.

Remember the playground? Doesn’t matter what generation. Picking on others is nothing new. Back when I was a kid there was the kid with the ringworm everyone teased...and avoided. Or the kid who couldn't figure out how 1+1 equaled two. Or the kid with short unlikable hair, or wore the same clothes to school everyday, or lived in an orphanage, or smelled, or name anything and that thing was subject to ridicule. Even kids like me, (before I had lots to really deride) was teased about my name. In my case it was, "Give me a C, a L, a A, a R, a K...give me a Clark baaarrr!"   

At any rate, there’s the presumption that there is a difference between being intentionally cruel and innocently dogmatic in our views. It’s easy to believe a pinch on the cheek shouldn’t hurt as much as a slap in the face, particularly when we also think the same thing that really hurts me, wouldn’t bother you at all...and (of course) vice versa. 

Call me a hopeless whatever, and going on repeat; the  best way to walk a mile in another POV is by living and working in a myriad of social constructs, AND TOO, by reading memoirs and biographies. I just finished reading a memoir you might want to try; 'Finding Me' by Viola Davis (Thoughts here).

#ILoveReading #ReadAnotherGreatMemoir #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts