Words Can’t Explain…

Now, that's one phrase (words can’t explain) I have a problem with. One day I just all of sudden decided, I wasn't using it no more. I mean, that has to be the very last phrase a self-respecting writer would ever willingly use.😅

And yet, and here we go. 'Words can’t explain' my fascination with the author John Grisham. I wasn’t sure what about this author, or more so his name, that so intrigued me. I hadn’t read any of his work, which nerdily enough, it dawned on me as recently as today, he also authored the novel ‘A Time to Kill’. Of course, I saw the movie, but just looked up the fact that the movie was based on his novel. 

And please, don’t ask. It sometimes gets a little weird over here. I could be looking the president of the United States right in the face and (absent cues) would not have the slightest idea who I was talking to, but can talk endlessly about someone’s book I’ve read. Best way to sum this up, some things (usually significant things) catch my attention and just stick, while other things fly way over my head. In Grisham’s case, I was solely focused on the name.

At any rate, I am so excited because a week ago I FINALLY read one of his novels!!! Yes, I’ve been collecting his books here and there, all because of the name, but intimidated to read them, like a number of other books it has taken a while to tackle. Now I am over here, over the moon because not only am I able to add his name to my major reading accomplishments, but because I actually loved the story! Let me fool around and read a Jane Austen novel…and love it too!?! Oh man, I don’t know what I’ll do with my ’well-read’ self! 

Full disclosure. I have read many great books over the years... 'Who Moved My Cheese', 'Night', 'Life on the Color Line' ...and many, many other beyond phenomenal works. And even so, and all that cheese spread, the list on my vision board is an entirely different level of preoccupation. 

BTW, my top 10 favorite books read this year is just about ready for posting.

#InIt4TheLongHaul #TypicalThursday #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts