The Greatest Gift of All

Inspiration is real. And so too is reasoning...analytics... and the rest of that stuff that goes into logic. Right now I'm recalling a woman asking if I felt the 'bad' energy in an office where I had just started working. I told her "no", despite knowing exactly what she was asking. But that was logic answering. Of course I wasn't trying to get fired on day one.

The thing is... for as real as inspiration is... being the Greatest Gift of All, it has no commercial value... kind of ironic given the demand for getting along, compromise, and delivering quality products and services. That's why I didn't feed into that woman's question. The less mess. The less stress. Energy is real.

And still, I would be negligent not to share... my father, my earliest and greatest inspiration, passed away a week ago. Despite a few health challenges, primarily due to aging, his transition struck me hard. It seemed as if he'd taken 'my juju' with him. 

So, feeling low, a time when usually I pick up a book, except I've already covered the reading slump I've been in, I just plain found myself on empty! Thoughts hit me left and right, not good for someone who probably already thinks too much.

And that's when I reached for this one book...laying right in line with the TV. I opened that book and... like WOW! I highly recommend 'Behind the Laughter' by Anthony Griffith and Brigitte Travis-Griffin. (Thoughts here).

To all memoirist out here sharing your stories, please don't get bogged down by who's following, and liking, and buying your book. Be inspired by who's READING your story and passing along feel good vibes.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

#InspirationIsReal #JustReadAnotherGreatMemoir #ILoveMemoirs #ILoveStorytelling #JustBlogged 

Comments

Popular Posts