Beach Reads

Stories need not be noisy (or salacious) to engage. And I mean to really engage! I read all the time about both readers and writers talking about going to other places… or syncing into other worlds through literature, as if it's the most beautiful place in existence. Now, as a writer and author myself… no book has (exactly) taken me to that place, and of course I've read some phenomenal work, even as I often crave totally chill books that keep me laughing and losing sight of things I can readily see. And I know... I know. Toni Morrison has already said it. "If you don't see the book you want to read, you must write it." Ha.Ha. Working on it. 😆😌

At any rate, this thought crossed my mind after reading ‘Dimestore’ by Lee Smith. Seeing that piece of history bobbing by, took me to a place I’m begging to either read more of (adding a few tweaks), or to create my own mural of an unadulterated beach read...perfectly. (Other thoughts on Smith’s memoir here). 
  
#ILoveMemoirs #JustReadAnotherGoodMemoir #Storytelling #BeachReads #JustBlogged

Comments

Popular Posts