Reading, Writing and Taking Breaks...

So, the other night I was watching Doubling Down with the Derricos. I love that reality show. The children, especially, are too adorable for more words. Awesome Dawsyn...a miracle baby for sure…is as precious as she wanna be. She’s “done with this”. 😂. And the other 13 children, and yes, Karen and Deon have 14 children (result of having multiples), are charming too.  The entire FAMILY, beautiful! 

At any rate, Karen (the mother) was talking about what she does to catch a break. She goes into the laundry room and sneaks in bites of chocolate. I was like, oh No. I mean, to see how she took that bite of chocolate was not convincing... at all. I laughed though, thinking about how I caught breaks... and I only had two children! 

Just being frank for a sec, five minutes in a closet nibbling on a piece of chocolate WAS NOT what it took me to unwind...to avoid MY OWN SERIOUS meltdown!!! 

I get it though... as in the case with ' Doubling Down with the Derricos'. Sometimes the audience has to learn how to catch drifts. Welp, here’s a drift (in my lane) I can be a lot more direct about. Empathy is NOT a SOFT SKILL. Reading, particularly memoirs, is how you hone the ability to read between lines… and catch real drifts. 

I just finished reading 'Just Tyrus' by Tyrus...(thoughts here), and I AM OVER HERE, over-the-moon about FINALLY reading 'A Promised Land' by Barack Obama. (thoughts here).   

#ILoveMemoirs #JustRead2GreatMemoirs #Storytelling #Inspiration #Justblogged

Comments

Popular Posts