Thursday, May 21, 2015
At any rate, while I likely have as many least known fuzzies about me, I’m not trying to light up the Web. Just taking a fun book break listing 10 little nuggets about me.
1. I love water …particularly water sports.
2. My favorite theme park attraction is dun…dun… dun… the Carousel!
3. The first (full-length) book I read was The Boston Strangler.
4. My first crush was Action News’ once popular news journalist Larry Kane!
5. Bet no one knows a few professionals have singled me out for dancing (that’s jazz dancer)… singing (no laughing)… a sprinter (track)… and modeling. Each one I turned flat out down. Quit dancing the day I was told I could dance. Didn’t show up for that music audition. Told the track coach to run himself. And of course told the model scout I wasn’t interested.
6. Years ago I was on Sesame Street.
7. I’ve been on the cover of a magazine…too bad it wasn’t a literary magazine, but rather an automobile magazine.
8. I was on the news! Pretty Scary…
9. Twice I was in the newspaper. Once during a school play with a group of classmates and once on the front page of an arts and entertainment paper… though, and again sadly, not for anything literary, but hey…Arts & Entertainment is close enough.
10. One of my greatest fears is fame. There is so much comfort to be had existing in a spot where creativity can be realized in complete obscurity.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
From the start I saw those paradoxes too, and tried my best to ward them off from the get go. Authors, you can too.
Monday, May 11, 2015
Saturday, May 9, 2015
My top 10 rewards of motherhood from a personal perspective:
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Cantankerous is the social ailment where everything bugs the hell out of you. Symptoms include, but not exclusively, every time you look at a glass, whether it’s partially full, spilling over the rim, or bone dry empty, the glass always looks murky. I wish, I want, if only, he or she should, they aren't, no one is and other negativities drive the beginning, middle and ending of every sentence.